It’s time for another Casapinka MKAL!
- Four skeins of fingering weight yarn – 370-400 yards each.
- I suggest one neutral or “Base” Color.
- Using two of the same color that are different shades is also great (you can see that I have a peachy pink and an almost neon pink, below.) They still need to contrast with each other. Contrast of all the colors is important!
- And one other contrasting shade, to make the 4 different colors.
- You can also use 4 separate contrasting yarns.
- Subtle speckles are probably great for all four but this has not been tested.
- You can use one skein of variegated and one (less than subtle) speckle.
- If you’re using a variegated, make sure it doesn’t contain a lot of the same colors as the other yarns because it will blend. You want contrast! (I mentioned that, right?)
- There are 3 needle sizes due to varying gauges – US 4, 5, 6. Most is done on a US 6. Sample gauge is 22/4″ on US 6 in SS after blocking.
- There are 2 versions – Absolute Beginner shawl knitter and Advanced Beginner. With the pandemic, I don’t want to think too much so I assume I’m not the only one!
- Shape: Rectangle. It will be adjustable in length.
- I’m sure I left something out. Please see my Instagram post with the above graphic on it and swipe through because it’s probably mentioned there!
Casapinka put all of the MKAL yarn and pattern information on Ravelry (link below.) Facebook is not set up to hold all of the images and information in a good format but you can easily link Facebook to Instagram to get information there if you cannot use Ravelry
Here is a link to Casapinka’s IG account with different suggestions for color.
See our FB event for in-stock color options!
Begins August 7. The pre-clue will be for sale Thursday, July 23 in the form of a schematic so you can plan your colors by drawing in the schematic. It will just be a general idea of how they work and will not be literal or give away any of Sharon’s secret knitting. Once you buy the pre-clue, you will be automatically emailed every time a new clue comes out, and any updates that Sharon From Security may choose to send. And yes, that may include updates of outrage at the lack of snacks available at Casapinka so please know what you’re signing up for.
Yarn: 4 skeins of fingering weight yarn. Final amounts are still in testing but 325-350 yards for each color should be fine. See FB event for in stock suggested color kits! Or scroll to the bottom of this event.
Details: One clue per week for 6 weeks.
Design is for a rectangular shawl with 2 versions: One for absolute beginning shawl knitters and one for advanced beginners. With Covid, I thought we all needed something relatively simple.
Gauge: 22 sts/4” on US6/4mm. BUT there are a few stitches with different gauges so you will need US 4 and 5 as well (suggested), all at least 24” (just FYI if I’m changing gauge and need a US4, I just know how to knit more tightly on my US 6.) You will be able to control the final length (but not the width) so I’m not giving measurements. It’s average width. There has to be some mystery! If mysteries make you stressed, don’t do it! There is too much stress in the world right now and we need fun
We are still doing virtual Zoom meetings! Every Thursday night 7-9pm and Saturday morning 11am – 1pm. You can join us anytime to knit along!
The dates on this event are for the pattern releases. There will be no Zoom on those days.
Please be sure to join the MFS KAL/CAL/WAL group on FB!
Although we would love to see you at the group sessions (in normal times), you can participate from anywhere! This KAL is free to participate in, but as with all classes, KALs/CALs/WALs, you must use yarns purchased from our store to join. Purchasing supplies and patterns supports designers and your LYS.
Photo credit: Casapinka
In stock color combos: