1503 Lake Dr SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
For the month of October, all sock yarn (fingering weight with nylon) is 15% off! (does not include consignment or trunk show yarn)
How about SOCKtober Challenge???
SOCK and SHAWL Challenge!
Both challenges are using sock yarn.
How many socks can you knit or crochet in a month?
1. Does not have to be a pair. Each sock counted separately.
2. Sock heel turn to cuff must be a minimum of 5″
3. Sorry, no footie, children, or pet socks
The Shawl challenge will be based on weight. The shawls will be weighed for yarn weight. You can do a one skein shawl that uses a 100 gram skein or you do a two color shawl that uses 2 – 50 gram skeins. Both entries would weigh the same. (Sorry, any accoutrements will be excluded. Weight is calculated on yarn only)
1. To be eligible for prizes, you must sign up in store.
2. Yarn used must be sock yarn (fingering weight with nylon)
3. Yarn must be purchased from Michigan Fibre Studio
4. One project may be made using yarn from stash as long as it was purchased from Michigan Fibre Studio in 2019
5. All projects must be hand knit (sorry, crankers and machiners!)
6. All finished projects must be brought in to Michigan Fibre Studio by October 31st (it’s a Thursday, so we will be open until 9pm) to be counted, weighed, and photographed for social media!
7. You can do any pattern you want! Socks are by quantity and Shawls are by weight.
8. Please retain your yarn labels and provide the name of your pattern you used.
Any updates to these rules will be posted at Michigan FIbre Studio
We are a Ravelry friendly shop so please consider purchasing the pattern through us if you plan to KAL/CAL with us!
Purchase your supplies from Michigan Fibre Studio, and get 10% off everything. Yes, even your pattern! (Sock yarn is 15% off in October!)
Additional questions you may be asking: Can I make worsted weight socks? Absolutely! You will get 10% off your yarn but you will not be eligible for the Sock Challenge Prize.
KAL/CAL times are Thursday Open Fibre Night and Saturday Mornings. You can come in any time to knit or crochet along!
Thursdays during open knitting 7 – 9p starting October 3
Saturday morning from 10 – noon starting October 5
Competition ends October 31st.
The important stuff:
The most socks knitted – $20 Gift Certificate and a pick from the Prize Vault
The most weight in shawls – $20 Gift Certificate and a pick from the Prize Vault
All participants can participate in a Socktober Challenge Fashion Show at our November Late Night on November 22!
As you finish items, we’d love to see them! You don’t have to wait until the end of the month! We’d love to display some customers projects too!
Although we would love to see you at the group sessions, you can participate from anywhere! This KAL is free to participate in, but as with all classes, KALs/CALs/WALs, you must use yarns purchased from our store to join. Purchasing supplies and patterns supports designers and your LYS.
For those that need help:
There will be help available during Along Times. As always, we are happy to help with quick questions. This is not a structured class so if you are finding that you may need a little extra help and attention, let us know and we can schedule a quick private lesson with you!